[Rhodes22-list] Re: Rhodes clubs on the chesapeake

Toad the Wet Sprocket rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:12:57 -0400

<DIV>
<P>Rick,</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes Rick, actually I live in Waldorf.&nbsp; My boat (well it isn't mine yet; waiting for the marina owner to get title so I can buy it) is on&nbsp; in Mayo.&nbsp;&nbsp;Off of the West and Rhode rivers about 5 nm south of the Thomas Point light.&nbsp;&nbsp;Its an older&nbsp;boat ....old enough to make Stan Spitzer chuckle... which needs much work so I won't have her in the water until next season.&nbsp; My boat needs sails, lines and a whole bunch of cleaning...but I am getting it for a song (fingers crossed).&nbsp; The boat is sitting on an Easy loader&nbsp;roller trailer&nbsp;but has a bum axle.</P>
<P>&nbsp;I have seen one other Rhodes 22 in Selby Bay in the South river. The previous owner told me where to find her so I could see how all of the rigging is "supposed" to be set.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have been trying to price slips and trailer storage and the best price I could find is at Breezy Point for $400 from April to November.&nbsp; I would hate to pay twice what I had in the boat for one year slip fee. But finding a reasonable storage in the Solomons area would be a dream come true.</P>
<P>So do you need crew?&nbsp; :-D&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am hoping that telling me when you usually go out is an invite???&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; What do you drink?&nbsp; :-D I'd still consider myself to be a novice sailor, but I have a pretty good feel for sailing.&nbsp;&nbsp; At the very least, could I&nbsp; stop by with a pencil and butcher's paper to make a few patterns for some of my missing pieces.&nbsp; I f you want respond directly to my e-mail box.<BR><BR><A href="mailto:sprocket80@hotmail.com">sprocket80@hotmail.com</A> </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>From: "Rick Redmond" <CREDMOND@OLG.COM></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Reply-To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>To: <RHODES22-LIST@RHODES22.ORG></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Re: Rhodes clubs on the chesapeake </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:36:27 -0400 </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Todd, </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>This year I sail on the St. Mary's River and the lower Potomac. I am normally underway Saturday and Sunday mornings and two evenings per week. So far I haven't seen any other Rhodes in the area. Last year, I keep the boat on the Patuxent and there were two other Rhodes. It's a shame but one boat stayed tied to the pier and the I was never able to get with the other boat. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Are you close by? </P>
<DIV></DIV>