[Rhodes22-list] Document library

General Boats rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 07:08:35 -0400

--------------7AD3C0382B283AE708577973

Dear Rhodies:

We will try to respond to your thread re some of GBI's policies in an
unconventional manner - a series of e-mails tied to the issue of the
particular Rhodes owner.

Response #4

Ed is correct.

One, there is and never was, detailed manuals for Rhodes boats.  Roger
refused to work for us because in the scheme of things, we can't
possibly make a big enough mark on this world.

And two, we keep changing the boat based on owners' feedback and, on our
own middle of the night inspirations.  We have been building this
particular boat for 33 years and are going to continue building it until
we get it right.

The manual(s), as mentioned, are merely essays about the Rhodes and its
support systems.

stan/gbi

Toad the Wet Sprocket wrote:

> Ed,  Thanks for clearing that up.
>
>  Please respond to sprocket80@hotmail.com From: "Ed Kroposki"
> Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Document library
> Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:58:05 -0400
> Rummy:
> Gee, Toad can even buy pictures of how your boat is rigged.
> Best not tell him that every Rhodes22 that I have seen is different
> from everyother. How many are there on Hartwell Lake? I guess mine
> comes close to yours at first glance. But it doesn't take a minute to
> start finding differences. The three Rhodes at Big Water are only
> similar in the shape of the hull. How do you tell somebody that any
> parts list for a Rhodes22 is good only for one Rhodes22? These are not
> like Chevy's or Ford's, where there was a large run on an assembly
> line. When somebody wants a Rhodes from Stan, he ask what do you want,
> then produces that individual boat. Many of the unique parts are
> supplied by buyer. How many Rhodes have the same compass? Or even the
> Compass in the same place?
> For Stan each Rhodes22 is a piece of Art. And to further complicate
> the change of equipment, Stan gets up in the wee hours of the morning
> experimenting with new and different things on the Rhodes.
> How many boat shows has Stan gone to? I believe that Stan himself said
> that he goes around looking for new equipment, ideas and then tries to
> see if they will work with the Rhodes22.
> Now after 30+ years of evolution, he is asked for an equipment and
> parts list? Back in July, I stood next to a 1974 Rhodes22. Its hull
> was shaped like my 1984. But I looked at the boat I.D. plate to be
> 100% certain it really was an early brother.
> Earlier this year I toured a 2002 Rhodes22. The hull was shaped like
> my boat. And the IMF and Genoa were rigged similarly to my boat. But
> feature wise it was like a camel and a cow.
> Ed K

our own middle of the night inspirations.&nbsp; We have been building this
particular boat for 33 years and are going to continue building it until
we get it right.
its support systems.
"Ed Kroposki"&nbsp;<KROPOSKI@INNOVA.NET>
[...]
of