[Rhodes22-list] Rigging Head sail on furler

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:04:05 -0500

Bob,
No problem. Here is the basic procedure:

First, the mast needs to be down.
Remove the forestay/furler from the mast head
Slide the sleeve of your genoa down over the tube from the top.
Fasten the head of the genoa to the head of the tube with the screw and
washer.
Tension the luff of the genoa to the flange at the foot of the furler. If
you have a hole on the flange near the center, use it so that your furling
line can wrap tightly to the drum.
Roll up the Genoa, tightly.
Attach your furling line.
Re-attach the forestay to the mast head.

Specifics of yours may differ slightly.  You may need to adapt a little.

--Doug Gardner