[Rhodes22-list] Cell Phone Issues

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:34:34 -0500

Bill is right about sharing towers however sometimes you may have to pay
extra. And toher times they do not share at all. I used to go to Kansas City
quite a bit. KC is Sprint headquartes. I was on ATT at the time. Coverage
was fine everywhere in KC proper, but once outside the city I would be
roaming and then quickly have no service. The locals I was working with all
had Sprint, and they had coverage everwhere. We drove 2 hours to Jefferson
City and they had great signal when I had zip. We passed tower after tower,
Sprint had the home turf covered.

Sometimes when companies share it is considered part of your National plan,
other times when they share you pay roaming charges. If you don't travel it
is easy to get a good plan.

Wally