[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Through-Transom Drains

Eaton, Gil GEaton@IKON.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:18:24 -0500

	Hi Joe,
	I've been keeping the Hardware stores in business with hose
purchases for the two cockpit seat drains.  The original hose looked like
1-1/2" ID flex hose, so I have bought 1-1/2" Spa Hose (too stiff, won't
compress enough), 1-1/4" clear hose, from a roll (pretty flat, what was I
thinking??), finally will try 1-1/4" swimming pool suction hose when I can
clear a path in the snow.  I measured the fittings with an open end wrench,
one is almost exactly 1-1/4", one is a bit larger.  This is for a 1993
boat....
	Good Luck,
	gil

-----Original Message-----
From: Ware, Joseph W. [mailto:joseph_ware@merck.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 8:00 AM
To: List Rhodes (E-mail)
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Through-Transom Drains

Ok, I'll try.  Has anyone replaced these?  Mine are tapered and the hose
constantly comes off with only the slightest bump.  Like when I was pushing
a tube cleaner through to get the snow through yesterday.  The other thought
I had, was to build them up with fiberglass until they are straight, then
use a larger hose.

Joe
S/V Whisper

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that
may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete
it.

==