[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Through-Transom Drains

Steve rhodes2282@yahoo.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:30:54 -0800 (PST)

Joe
Those thru hull should have nearly 2 inch to slide
your hose on.  Silcone is used just to make is leak
proof and 1 hose clamp should do the trick.  If your
thru hulls are not long enough then the PO might have
cut them off not knowing that was a screw up (I'm
guessing here).  May need to buy a couple new thru
hulls and replace them.  Basicly, there should be a
nut like that screw on to hold the thru hull to the
transom with about 2 inch of barb for the hose to
slide on.  If it not like this then my guess is that
they have been alter.  Buy a couple new thru hulls (WM
has them), put a bead of silcone on the inside of the
thru hull that will be touching the outside of the
transom, let crue for a little while and then screw on
the nut that will hold it in place.  Put 1 hose clamp
on your hose and put silcone on the barb part of the
thru hull and slide the hose over it, then tighten
down the hose clamp.
Steve