[Rhodes22-list] joke

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:21:03 -0800 (PST)

A guy was sitting in an airplane when another guy took
the
seat beside him. The new guy was a wreck, pale, hands
shaking,
biting his nails and moaning in fear.

"Hey, pal, what's the matter?" said the first guy.

"I've been transferred to Memphis, Tennessee," he
answered
nervously. "They've got race riots, drugs, the highest
crime
rate in the country..."

"Hold on," said the first. "I've been in Memphis all
my life, and
it's not bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go
to work,
mind your own business, enroll your kids in a good
school and
it's as safe as anywhere in the world."

The second guy stopped shaking for a moment and said,
"Oh, thank
God. I was worried to death! But if you live there and
say it's
ok, I'll take your word for it. By the way, what do
you do for a
living?"

"Me?" said the first, "I'm a tail gunner on a bread
truck."