[Rhodes22-list] mast

Steve Alm salm@mn.rr.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:55:59 -0600

Gene,
I agree with Mary Lou, Rik and Bob--I love the way my IMF works on my 1990
R22 with the original sails.  Some here on the list have the standard main
with battens and they like theirs too but for different reasons.  The
standard main puts more square footage up there and gives you a bit more
power but the IMF is more convenient.  Also, when you raise the IMF mast,
you're also raising both sails (if you also have roller furling jib).  No
need for sail covers or sail bags to stow.  If you plan to race, I would
recommend the standard main, but if you're more into just sailing for fun
then go for the IMF.
Slim