[Rhodes22-list] True Confessions

lcrowther lcrowther@cox.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:25:57 -0500

Rik,

I have a friend that has a Flicka down at Solomons Island on the Chesapeake
Bay and he swears by it so congratulations to you.  I have a few curiosities
about the information in the ad you might be able to satisfy.

The length is listed as 24' which includes the bowsprit.  Did you know that
most marinas that charge by the foot include the bowsprit? That really ticks
my friend off.

Is the displacement listed include the outboard or the inboard most Flickas
are equipped with?

I wonder why the outboard is mounted on a different side than the Rhodes22?
But then again I've always wondered why the Rhodes22 motor is mounted to
starboard?

Is the tankage listed a Yamaha portable tank or an inboard tank that is for
an inboard engine?  My Yamaha has a portable tank which is standard at 3.7
gal., I always  wondered why it wasn't 4.0 gal so I could put 2- 2.0 gal
tanks in into it to make mixing easier?  Of course, mine is a two cycle, the
ad doesn't say if yours is a four cycle.

What is a West Marine air-dryer?

This is not meant to be rock throwing, on the contrary, I think you have a
great boat and I offer my congratulations again!  At least I read the ad.

Lloyd
s/v Uhuru II