[Rhodes22-list] Congrats, Rik!

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:28:00 -0500

Rik,

Sorry to be so late to offer my congratulations, but you know how it is.

CONGRATULATIONS!  If she checks out as advertised, it looks like you have a
FINE vessel.  You may find that you sail a lot more with her in the water,
even if she is so far away.  What is a few miles to an old road dog, anyway?
;^)

I look forward to a ride in September!

Part of me feels quite jealous, and I know Robin would really appreciate the
added stability.  I certainly would miss the IMF, though!  That is probably
the main feature (pun intended?) that keeps us in the R22.  It is just so
easy to single hand the boat.

So... what're ya planning to tow her with?  ;^)  I'm not sure your old S10
is going to be up to it, and I really can't picture you hauling her around
the countryside behind a Kenworth!

Seriously, I'm really excited for you.  Maybe we'll load up the family in
the Airstream and head up to L. Superior for a vacation, some day!

--Doug