[Rhodes22-list] Liquid Battens

Todd Tavares sprocket80@mail.com
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 22:54:27 -0500

   Since everyone is throwing out crazy batten ideas...how about thin
   battens which pivot to vertical??   LOL

   Todd

   ----- Original Message ----- From: Ronald Lipton Date: Tue, 24 Dec
   2002 15:19:39 -0600 To: The Rhodes 22 mail list Subject: Re:
   [Rhodes22-list] Liquid Battens > An air bladder would be hard to keep
   sufficiently > rigid without a fairly high pressure pump and I > would
   guess would be harder to engineer into a sail. > Liquid tubing could
   be much smaller diameter. > One could put a liquid system into pockets
   without > extensive recutting of standard sails. > The devil would be
   in the details - how do you keep > air bubbles out, how do you fill
   and empty the system, > what material do you use for the tubing and
   how is > it valved? > > The real advantage of the system would be that
   it would > give "fill the sails" a whole new meaning. > > Ron > >
   ----- Original Message ----- > From: > To: > Sent: Tuesday, December
   24, 2002 2:23 PM > Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Liquid Battens > > > >
   Ron, > > I think water would add weight where you don't want it, but
   an air bladder > > arrangement might work as well. > > > > Rummy > >
   Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list > >
   Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

   Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at [1]Mail.com
   [2]Meet Singles