[Rhodes22-list] Question, Solar panel regulator.

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:12:46 -0500

I have finally overcome my shyness to discuss the solar panels on the Yankee
Clipper.  I think that each panel charges a battery, I don't think they both
go to both batteries.  The reason is that there was one battery and one
panel when I bought the boat, and I brilliantly decided to add a battery and
a panel.  They are standard General Boats panels (the boat is a '95), so
they are what, 10 or 15 watts?  But, they don't have a built-in regulator
which I found out the hard way by frying both batteries.  So, I have a
regulator (7 amp) that is made by ICP Global designed for use with solar
panels.  I suspect that I will need one for each battery, but am not sure?
We (Rummy and I) are going to try tomorrow (Monday, 12/30).  We'll see.

Bob K