[Rhodes22-list] BIMINI

Karen Fiske / Marc Beroz kfiske@erols.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:13:00 -0500

Lloyd,

How much does the bimini restrict you in boarding the boat from the dock? I
will be folding it up when I leave for the day but I'm sure I'll be going on
& off the boat many times with the bimini up. Do you just release one of the
straps & squeeze in between the bimini & cockpit or bimini & pushpit?

We occassionally get transport to shore by water taxi. If we keep the bimini
up while we're away (only for the day) would it be OK to leave a strap
unattached with the boat at anchor (assuming non-storm conditions). The
option would be to always fold the bimini when we're away.

We also have a plastic step that we hang with line between the winch & aft
horn cleat when we're using our dingy. The step hangs over the outside of
the boat & we use it to get in & out of our dingy. We find it much easier to
use than the rear boarding ladder. Looks like that with the bimini up, the
use of this step is out - or at least a much bigger hassle.

What bothers me most though is where the sliders for the bimini mount want
to be on the jib track. That forward 18" or so is where I make the bulk of
my jib track adjustments. Can the bimini be located further back on the
track or will the bimini then rub on the backstays?

Any of your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Marc
Clinton, CT