[Rhodes22-list] Thank yous and suggestions Re: [rhodes-list] New list

Mary Lou Troy rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:41:58 -0400

--=====================_4827843==_.ALT

Thank you Michael!!!! (and big thanks to your proof reader <g>!)

It looks great. I would encourage all of our list members to migrate to the
new list - it is very quick. It is probably a good idea to stay signed up
to both during the transition (if you are so addicted you don't want to
miss anything). The messages as they come in will have different headers
but you will need to pay attention to where you direct your replies. Sorry
to those already on both lists who will get duplicates of this...the sooner
we get everyone moved the better.

Michael, I have a couple of suggestions (forgive me if they are already in
the archives - I didn't read all the way). The archives would be improved
if you could see a date and time the message is posted. The FAQ needs to be
edited to reflect the new realities - it still refers to Sailnet and it's
restriction in a couple of places.

Thanks again.

Mary Lou

At 01:36 AM 7/23/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Some people might have noticed some Strange messages on the list here what
>is happening.
>
>Well everyone, we know what happen last weekend, the sailnet list took a
>hit. Not liking the list being down I set up a new listserver under
><http://www.rhodes22.org/mailman/listinfo/rhodes22-list>http://www.rhodes22.org/mailman/listinfo/rhodes22-list
>.
>
>1)It is a commercial grade server controlled by us
>2)It is fast, message turnaround is under 1 minute, I make sure it stays
>that way(sailnet seems to be 2 hours)
>3)attachment are ok(we control it)
>4)The footer lines are for the list benefit, not to sell ad space
>5)when people sign up they get the rhodes22 charter
>6)The archive system is useable, bet even that will be improved
>7)The control screen are simple and understandable
>8)We control it to make it fit your needs
>
>Well at this point I built it, it is open to all comers, are we ready for it?
>
>MJM

--=====================_4827843==_.ALT

Thank you Michael!!!! (and big thanks to your proof reader &lt;g&gt;!)
It looks great. I would encourage all of our list members to migrate to
the new list - it is very quick. It is probably a good idea to stay
signed up to both during the transition (if you are so addicted you don't
want to miss anything). The messages as they come in will have different
headers but you will need to pay attention to where you direct your
replies. Sorry to those already on both lists who will get duplicates of
this...the sooner we get everyone moved the better.<br><br>
Michael, I have a couple of suggestions (forgive me if they are already
in the archives - I didn't read all the way). The archives would be
improved if you could see a date and time the message is posted. The FAQ
needs to be edited to reflect the new realities - it still refers to
Sailnet and it's restriction in a couple of places.<br><br>
Thanks again.<br><br>
Mary Lou<br><br>
At 01:36 AM 7/23/2002 -0400, you wrote:<br>
people might have noticed some Strange messages on the list here what is
happening.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
weekend, the sailnet list took a hit. Not liking the list being down I
set up a new listserver under
. </font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
us</font><br>
minute, I make sure it stays that way(sailnet seems to be 2
hours)</font><br>
not to sell ad space</font><br>
charter</font><br>
will be improved</font><br>
understandable</font><br>
needs</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
all comers, are we ready for it?</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>