[Rhodes22-list] Desktop Picture

Steve Alm rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 04:06:52 -0500

Sorry Doug.  I shouldn't have assumed anything about Robin.  My wife, Mary
Ann, does indeed command a certain amount of authority but her job as galley
slave is self appointed...her words, not mine.  The truth is more like
"Galley Commander."  She tells me when and where to anchor for lunch and I
obey if I want to be fed.  She's a great cook and always prepares wonderful
meals on the boat.  Since we have a front loading ice box on the starboard
side, she tells me when we have to tack for food and beverages.  If we're on
a starboard tack, she can't open the cooler or everything will tumble out.
:-)  Whenever we're discussing plans for any trip, I'm thinking about the
sailing and her thoughts always go to the menu.  She says things like, "Oh,
if we go there then that would be perfect for hot lentil soup, bokchoy salad
and BLT's."  If we change plans in our destination, she has to change the
menu and sometimes overrules the changes.  ;-)  We were just talking about
buying a pop top encl.  She immediately said, "That would extend our sailing
season because then we could have nice warm meals late in the fall, like
some nice, hot chilli.  Doesn't that sound good on a cool fall day?"

Sometimes I introduce her to others as my first mate.  Sometimes I introduce
her as my first wife. ;-)  I'm really a lucky man and she knows it!

Slim