[Rhodes22-list] Re: [rhodes-list] New list

Alex Bell rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:47:09 -0400

Rik,

Kizmet stays home. We got invited by new friends down here to join them
for a week in their timeshare (at no charge)  in the Bahamas. Gotta love
friends like that. We could go on Kizmet, but we needed to leave about 3
weeks ago to make sure we were there by the time our week rolls around.

Spent a couple of days aboard last week and anchored out overnight.
Hottest night I think I ever spent aboard a boat. Muggy. Went swimming
and it was like bathwater. No cool down. Sprayed off with cockpit shower
and it was hot. Took a cold shower and it was hot. Turned on fans and
prayed the battery bank would not be too drained (it should outlast the
fan use unless something else has gone wrong)

Looking forward to Sept/Oct fall sailing season here. It's great up
through November, then a bit iffy thru December and January. Get some
cooler days but it pops up into 70[s and 80's in January. Just have to
get lucky with plans and weather meshing.

Alex