Tongue Extension - Deployment was [Rhodes22-list] Trailer Jac ks

Richard and Sherry Day rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:22:21 -0500

Joe,
  I have an older trailer that has a permanent ball hitch tongue and an
extendable tongue positioned next to it.  I too, leave my boat on the
trailer with aprox. same distance to ramp.  I have always used the extension
tongue to proceed to ramp.  Creeping along slowly I feel comfortable with it
holding up in it's stretched out position.  Richard Day

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-admin@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-admin@rhodes22.org]On Behalf Of Ware, Joseph W.
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 1:19 PM
To: 'rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org'
Subject: RE: Tongue Extension - Deployment was [Rhodes22-list] Trailer
Jac ks

I've been waiting for this discussion.  There must be a way to drive the
extension out.  I like Alex's stop idea.  I keep Whisper on her trailer
about 100 yards from the ramp.  When I get there, I hitch her up and head to
the ramp.  Now in line, I have to take the time to disconnect the hitch,
pull out the tongue and re-connect the hitch.

Roger, can the trailer handle the stress of moving 100 yards with the tongue
extended?  It sure would make the ramp go much quicker.

Joe
S/V Whisper

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that
may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this
message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete
it.