[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

Bob Weber rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:25:01 -0500

Paul,  I can't belive dropping the poptop would do much other than reduce
your windage a little.  I feel your pain however.  I have a guy, sort of a
mystery guy, who comes out of the harbor after me - smokes me, gives a wave
and goes back in.  He is always single handed - older guy - in a catalina
22.  Every time I have had a student at the helm.  It is like he is some
sort of phantom who is no doubt getting a good kick out of this.  I have
found putting my Boom Vang on (thus dropping the pop top) has done the most
to increase preformance especially off the wind.  Bob