[Rhodes22-list] Far Niente Namesake

Robert Quinn rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:09:14 -0400

Kewl.  Thanks.  Nice to see one of the "senior" boats in competition.

Earlier I saw a post concerning a Catalina 22.  I have had some fun "racing"
these boats.  Seems that I can stay with and take the centerboard models but
the fixed keel folks are a different story.  If the skipper on a fixed keel
boat knows what he is doing, I can't keep up.

I have the IMF and a 150.  Roger and Steve may have better results when
competing with the Catalina fixed keels.

Interesting to note that depending on wind conditions I can walk away from
the Catalina 25's.  I am always amazed when this happens.  Gave an O'Day 28
a run for his money last year.  When they saw us overtaking them and
starting to leave them in our wake they really went to work to show us who
was boss.  Took them about a half hour but they finally passed us by.  Great
fun!

I believe that a lot depends on the various skills of the skippers and crew.
When pressed I do lower the pop-top to reduce windage and I have been known
to fold the Bimini down when things get serious.  Overall tho, we just like
to sail.  {:>)

Bob and Kathy on the "NoKaOi"
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roland.John" <roland.john@ensco.com>
To: "Rhodes22-Owners (E-mail)" <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 2:12 PM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Far Niente Namesake

Dan Hope

You might be amused to know that Far Niente has a namesake.  Also a Rhodes
22, she has sail number
RC 312  and is owned by W. Perkowski.  She races in the Daingerfield Island
Sailing Club http://www.dicf.org/
operating out of the Washington (D.C.) Sailing Marina.  I don't know Mr
Perkowski but I saw his boat listed in the
results list a couple of times.  I've attached a photo, we'll see if it
transfers OK.

John S. Roland  -  Senior Staff Engineer
ENSCO Inc.  5400 Port Royal Road, Springfield VA 22151-2312
voice; (703) 321-4614      fax; (703) 321-4609     roland.john@ensco.com
www.ensco.com

 <<FarNiente.jpg>>