[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Brakes Question

Mary Lou Troy rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:40:30 -0400

Denny,
We saw this reported in one of the freebie rags that we pick up down on the
Eastern Shore. Evidently the Gov. didn't sign a law exempting recreational
trailers from the state's existing law which states that only brakes
allowed are those approved by Federal DOT. It appears that surge brakes are
and have been illegal in MD for trailers over 3000 lbs. Fred and I are
mulling the situation and will start eyeing every trailer we see in MD.

Mary Lou