[Rhodes22-list] wannabe

Bob Weber ruba1811@hotmail.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:43:21 -0600

Hi Gene, Congratulations on your epiphney (sp), I am sure you will like
sailing - it is a very compatable hobby with fishing.  I suggest you and
your wife take a beginers course from an American Sailing Association
facility.  Go to http://www.american-sailing.com/ to find a facility.  If
there is not a facility neary you or you feel like making a vacation out of
it, I have met the guy at Kentucky lake and know he has lots of experience
teaching in a good boat or I am the better of the 2 guys in St. Louis and
train on the R-22.  (Im kinda skirting the line of "no soliciting" rule of
the list - sorry rummy) but I do highly recommend professional training to
start out with.  Sailing is a lot like fishing, you learn every time you do
it - get the basics out of the way early and the adventure can start sooner.
  Also there may be a rhodie in your area who would be willing to take you
out for a ride so you can "test the waters" and see if you like it.

Fair Winds

Bob Weber