[Rhodes22-list] Weather

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Sat, 02 Nov 2002 16:49:43 -0500

Heck, I thought it was cold in TN today, high of 55. No wind so I went for a
hike at Big South Fork Rec Area. This is about 90 minutes North of Knoxville
and quite scenic. This area is part of the Cumberland Plateau. Daniel Boone
national Forest is to the North, Pickett State Park to the West. It is a
great area for hiking, four wheeling, horseback riding, kayaking/canoeing
and so on.  Our leaves are changing slowly this year. See attached pics.

Wally

>From: Rik Sandberg <racerrik@rea-alp.com>
>To: The Rhodes 22 mail list <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Weather
>Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 13:37:05 -0600
>
>Slim
>
>Yeah, I hear that. After talking with both Anne and Steve I'm not sure
>which would be better. But, one of those places is likely to be stuck with
>me soon. :-) I'm getting crotchety as heck as well as grumpy. It was bad
>enough when I was just grumpy :-)
>
>Rik
>

>At 02:28 PM 11/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>Yeah Rik,
>>I used to pride myself in that stupid toughness but each year, I think I'm
>>getting softer.  That migratory "snow bird" strategy has more and more
>>appeal.
>>Slim
>>
>>On 11/2/02 2:26 PM, "Rik Sandberg" <racerrik@rea-alp.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Wow, time flies when you're having fun!!! Didn't think that was that
>>long
>> > ago. As I remember it, we had Halloween blizzards 2 years in a row,
>>starting
>> > with the one you referred to then, the next year we got a reprieve
>>until
>> > November 1st before we got dumped on. They say bad things come in 3's
>> > Hmmm...maybe they're right.
>> > Like I always say about living in Minnesota, If you're gonna be stupid,
>>you
>> > gotta be tough!!!
>> >
>> > Rik

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.

Name: bsf01.JPG Type: image/pjpeg Size: 461129 bytes Desc: not available

Name: bsf2.JPG Type: image/pjpeg Size: 374668 bytes Desc: not available