[Rhodes22-list] Value of a Rhodes 22

Michael Meltzer mjm@michaelmeltzer.com
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 23:14:26 -0500

            GENERAL BOATS
            1990

              Length:   22'
              Model Name/Description:   RHODES 22
              Boat Type:   Monohull Sailboats
              Hull Material:   Fiberglass
              Beam:   8'
              Engine:
              Net Weight:   3,000
              Low Retail:   $7,190
              Average Retail:   $9,220

            GENERAL BOATS
            1996

              Length:   22'
              Model Name/Description:   RHODES 22
              Boat Type:   Monohull Sailboats
              Hull Material:   Fiberglass
              Beam:   8'
              Engine:
              Net Weight:   3,000
              Low Retail:   $13,480
              Average Retail:   $17,280

      1)The trailer is about 2700(assuming galvanized, sub 400 for painted) new figure 1000+- (they age fast)
      2)bimini 500 new -> $250
      3)cushions 700->350
      3)compass,vhf depth 200, 300, 400(new installed)-> 500
      6)marine head 500-1000, IMF 1000.

      This option is worth every penny you are paying for it, And I have not seen the boat and I am clueless on top of that!  Get
the message do not bitch to me. I not sure is this is a high price or a low price or even a fair price.

      it better than a 1990, but is not a 1996, the marine head and IMF and somewhat factored in the price, 13,000-14,000
altogether.

      One top of that except to spend: Bottom paint is maintains(done every session) 300-600$, new outboard 1500-2000, lines and
sail replace 1200-1500, fix up the trailer 500+-, 1000+- that will be pissed away for one resign or another :-)

      MJM

      PS. A marine surveyor is the SOP to determine price and condition of a boat, it done on larger boats but rally on the smaller
ones(no loans), it might be worth the 300-400 dollars to have it looked over, A 22 is a simple boat and fast, they spot the maojor
stuff (hull and deck problems, that you never consider), remember a boat is sold "As is".