[Rhodes22-list] battery installation

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 08:34:31 -0800 (PST)

Rummy, is that 18 hours to dead status or 18 hours of
steady power?  All my research says the key to long
battery life is to not run the battery level below 50%
before switching/recharging.  The truth is I probably
don't need that much power but several of my
co-workers raft up for the whole weekend on Pickwick
and I don't wan't to go dark first.  Many of these
guys have big boats with gensets on board and maybe
this is just a simple case of pen... uh, power envy.

Brad