[Rhodes22-list] microwave

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 02:31:32 -0800 (PST)

Rik, I think you're right, its all the little extras
that put it over the edge, light, fan, turntable,
maybe even the brain.  After my sim this morning I'm
going over to the rent house I have in town and test
my old Airstream microwave.  There's a grad student
living in the garage apartment in the back with a
basic unit with a manual timer, I'll try that one too.
 Right after high school I got a flying job with a
distribution transformer company (up to 5000kva) in
Waco, Texas and worked in the test department for a
while when not traveling.  They would pick the best
performing unit to write all the engineering specs
and then gave some pretty wide tolerances for the
regular production units.  Appliances I bet are pretty
much the same deal.  Brad.