[Rhodes22-list] Airstream Genset

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:28:18 -0600

Brad,

Oooo....don't let your head explode.....I HATE when that happens. :-)

Hey, I'm not saying there might not be something wrong with my generator
either. But, if you are going to try to run a test with a battery charger,
make sure you use a dead battery. I have run a battery charger on this
genset to charge a battery that wasn't run down that bad. Worked OK. Tried
to use it on a dead battery. Ooooppps too much.

We had the alternator go out on one of the water trucks at the race track
one day this summer. We didn't have time to worry about fixing it right at
that moment, so we went and got the little Honda and our ten amp battery
charger. Hooked the charger/Honda up to the trucks battery and ran the
truck all afternoon that way. Had the battery on the same truck go dead on
me a couple days later. Hooked up the same charger/Honda to the same
battery and poof, kicked out the overload switch. So, experience is telling
me, if you really want to know how well it works, test it with a dead
battery, eh!!! :-)

Rik