[Rhodes22-list] joke

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 02:56:10 -0800 (PST)

The other night I was invited out for a night with
"the girls" I told
my
husband that I would be home by midnight...."I
promise!"

Well, the hours passed and the champagne was going
down way to easy.
Around 3
a.m., drunk as a skunk, I headed for home.

Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the
hall started up and
cuckooed 3 times.

Quickly, realizing he'd probably wake up, I cuckooed
another 9 times. I
was
really proud of myself for coming up with such a
quick-witted solution
especially
since I was smashed, in order to avoid a conflict with
him.

The next morning my husband asked me what time I got
in, and I told him
12
o'clock. He didn't seem
disturbed at all. Whew! Got away with that one!

Then he said "We need a new cuckoo clock."

When I asked him why, he said, "Well, last night our
clock cuckooed
three
times, then said, "Oh crap!",
cuckooed 4 more times, cleared it's throat, cuckooed
another 3 times,
giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then farted."