[Rhodes22-list] Trailering the Rhodes 22

Dennis J Sitler djsitler@gmpexpress.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:05:58 -0500

Hi Bob,
I'm from PA and bought my 1974 Rhodes at Lewis Bay, Hyannis Port. I took the
expense and time to go look at the trailer and boat before bringing home.
After going up part of the deal was the seller put 4 new trailer tires on as
I wouldn't have towed it around my home area with the ones on it. I also
took wire, lights, grease, extra bolts & nuts, wrenches, good jack, and
other tools.The brakes were too bad to fix which made me quite
uncomfortable, but we towed it home with a 1/2 ton Dodge 4x4 automatic tran.
360 V8. It towed very nice ,no swaying, the only problem was people pulling
in front of us to close when they passed.(our braking zone) We came back Rt.
6 to 195 to 95 to 34 at New Haven, then 84 thru NY to 81 in PA. We turned
west on 80 but you could go keep going South. My daughter lives in Henderson
NC we get off 81 on 17 at Winchester and go to 95 at Fredericksburg and take
bypass around Richmond. We go to 85 then but you could just keep on 95 to
home. If you should go this route let me know when, I don't live to far from
the 80/81 interchange in PA and if you would happen to have any problems in
that area I could be a port in a storm. Do beware of trailers though as I
came across one when I was looking to buy, that I wouldn't have towed home
empty. By the way I should have taken someone along that knew boats as well.
I am still working on mine.

Denny,
1974 R22 Gossamer Wing
Berwick, PA