[Rhodes22-list] Hunting at anchor - joke

Mark Kaynor mark@kaynor.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:47:21 -0500

Wally,

A big-city lawyer went duck hunting in rural Tennessee. He shot and dropped
a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of the fence. As
the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor
and asked him what he was doing.
The lawyer responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now I'm
going in to retrieve it."

The old farmer replied, "This is my property, and you are not coming over
here."

The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in Indiana
and if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you
own."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things
in Tennessee. We settle small disagreements like this with the Tennessee
Three-Kick Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What is the Tennessee Three-Kick Rule?"

The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me
three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."

The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he
could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.

The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the
city fella. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the
lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick nearly wiped
the man's nose off his face. The barrister was flat on his belly when the
farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to give up. The lawyer
summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said,

"Okay you old coot, now it's my turn."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."