[Rhodes22-list] Hurricane Lili

Robert Quinn rjquinn@bellsouth.net
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:44:05 -0400

I was on AF Recruiting Duty in New Orleans with the wife and two young
children.  When the hurricanes and tropical storms came in, it was very
interesting.  I was off to San Antonio (home of AF Recruiting Service) for
one of the storms.  Kathy, the two children and the neighbors wife's and
children (one husband stranded on an oil rig and one on emergency service
duty) were just about to climb the ladder to the roof as the water was half
way up the driveway.

Not a good place to be when the storms come in.  And I didn't even have a
boat in those days.