Tom what about that UPS sail? Re: [Rhodes22-list] Baltimore thank-yous to...

Richard F Sheehan dickshee@juno.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:46:39 -0400

Rik;

You might find it very expensive having your genoa recut.  Perhaps you'd
be better off checking the price of a 130% lapper against the costs of
recutting.

It is quite possible that a fresh water Rhodie may want to buy your big
genoa, and you could use the proceeds to finance part of the UPS.

The UPS looks interesting, but I'm going to compare its price with that
of a cruising spinnaker.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Dick

On Tue, 08 Oct 2002 08:07:09 -0500 Rik Sandberg <racerrik@rea-alp.com>
writes:
> Tom
>
> Oh yeah, I've got a question.....I want one of these UPS things,
> but, being
> incredibly cheap :-) the first thing that occurs to me is that,
> coming with
> it's own furler and such, this sail must be pretty darn expensive.
> Might
> have to make it my Christmas present for both this year AND next
> year.
> Would you mind giving us a rundown on the cost???
>
> What I'd like to do is have my 175 cut down to 135 and then add this
> UPS
> sail for lighter air. BTW, if this sail rolls up on it's own luff,
> how do
> you store it??? Isn't it kinda long?? Seems like it would be pretty
> hard
> to  fold it up into a small package if you start after it's rolled
> up.
> Explanations please, inquiring minds want to know :-)
>
> I've got a couple bucks in my pocket right now and now you've
> kindled a
> flame so it's quickly burning a hole :-) :-)
>
> TIA, Rik

 CPT Richard F. Sheehan
PO Box 117
Wellfleet. MA 02667-0117