[Rhodes22-list] The Ship

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:08:54 -0400

Rummy,

He had a blood clot in his lung; Pulmonary Embolism I think. It may have
become problematic after flying in for the show and it wound up becoming
quite serious. The ship’s doc was pretty smart, she used a satellite phone
to call England to confirm diagnosis. They wound up having the guy airlifted
out. She saved the guys life really, my brother in-law died at 36 of the
same thing. The doc also tried to glue a fake tooth that came loose but was
unsuccessful. You will see the guy with one of his front teeth missing the
remainder of the show. She also had to give a guy stitches who cut his foot
open playing the “Rope Game”. The First Mate lists a rope and three people
race to be the first one to touch it, tackling was permitted. Wouldn't be
much of a race on a Rhodes 22. :-)

Wally