[Rhodes22-list] Hardware arrived, no software

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at netreach.net
Sat Apr 12 10:51:33 EDT 2003

Jay, Mark & all
Our UPS hasn't arrived yet - we watch anxiously every time an  "UPS" truck
pulls up out front. We did get the hardware & sheets. Like Jay reported,
the padeye sent by Doyle was too short for our decks. Defender has longer
legged ones from Wichard so we've ordered a longer one. We are going to
mount the halyard restrainer about midway between the masthead and the
steaming light - perhaps shaded a bit towards the steaming light.

Weather has really put a crimp in the boat chores although we have lots of
coats of varnish on our replacement block of wood for the remote controls
for the outboard and our new "kickplate" under the companionway hatch in
the cockpit - both out of mahogany. The interior of the boat is all
reassembled. New sealed battery is installed with new tiedowns. As soon as
it warms up enough Fred's gonna rebed that fixed port (it's out and cleaned
up) on the port side and I'm going to put a few coats of the Boat/US/Armada
stuff on our strips of teak. Once we install the padeye for the UPS and the
mast hardware we'll be good to go. Laucnh is planned for 4/25. It's been a
long time coming.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Ft. Washington, PA / Swan Creek, MD