[Rhodes22-list] 74 Rhodes Project by Denny

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 09:31:28 -0500

Will:

     This effort by Denny might look nice as a slide show on the Web
Site.  Unfortunately I copied it in reverse order from how Denny sent
it. And I never saw image #2.
                                               Ed K

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/09/boat9.jp

Bob, this is me wondering why I ever decided to do this. Good luck with
yours, and there may be some more pictures down the road, hopefully when
it's ready to go in the water.

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/09/boat8.jp

No Bob I didn't forget this time. This picture shows from the forward
bulkhead into the v-berth. This was when I was leveling some foam I had
poured. I am just about done with it.

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/09/boat7.jp

Bob, as you have seen I copied the port seat to starboard and this is
where my interior is different. This is the starboard seat and the front
section where the thru-hull is located is where my cabinet goes that has
the sink. The sink is located up from the unfinished floor board.

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/09/boat6.jp

Bob this picture shows the port seat, and at the rear you can see how
the step goes over this area and across the keel cover.

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/09/boat5.jp

This picture shows the bulkheads in, the seat uprights on both sides in,
the floor, and at the very bottom you can see the step. The unfinished
panel on the floor is where cabinet is located on the front side. It has
a big door where the floor is and a smaller one over the seat area. The
back portion comes up so you can inspect the bilge and pump.

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/09/boat4.jp

Bob this picture is from the front of the v-berth. It also came out
darker than the picture was. You can see the cement again right in the
middle.  To the left the small white area is the thru-hull, and in the
center right behind the cement is the keel cover although it is hard to
make out. You can see on the white under the hatch way the tube that the
rope for the centerboard runs up thru. Right under the fire extinguisher
you can see a small black circle. This is one of the four holes I
drilled thru the bulkhead there. I used these to work on the bulkhead
and to inspect under the cockpit area. I found a block of floatation in
the center compartment but I don't think it is enough so I will have
floatation in all three compartments. I also ran a plastic tube under
the floatation and back thru the rear bulkhead in the lazzerett where I
epoxies it in as well as resealed the bulkhead. Now I can either plug
the tube or open it, and any water runs directly forward to the bilge
pump. I also left an area around the tube in
The forward bulkhead so if any water should get in under the cockpit
area it can drain forward into the bilge area. My boat had a problem
with water seeping from under the cockpit area after rains. (This was a
area where the wood was wet and needed dried and fixed) It was just easy
to do this while I was there anyway. Hopefully when I get done sealing
everything the boat will be dry anyway. You can see a little of the seat
upright on the right side in the back. This is where the step you were
talking about started and went over the keel cover and was supported by
the floor which isn't in the picture because I removed that also.

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/08/boat3.jp

Bob I guess it worked. I have to let it come up as can not be displayed,
and then hit refresh and it works then. This one shows the boat in my
garage with every thing but the port side seat upright removed. This one
didn't come out as good as the picture. You can see the huge chunk of
cement right in the middle of the picture. I guess being brighter it
darkened the rest, but everything in front is simply the outer hull. I
would guess the weight of the cement around 350 to 400 pounds. I
calculate that by the size and weight of the piece I removed from the
bilge area right in front of the keel cover which was 85 pounds. I
replaced that with metal.

Denny

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/08/boat1.jp
I am going to try to send some pictures of my boat in various stages. My
brother copied them for me and some aren't as good as the others but may
be of some help to you or others. This one is when I was taking it out
for my first and only sail on it. As I said previously it was at Lewis
Bay, by Hyannis Port. Notice the 50W Siemens solar panel on the top of
the hatch slide. Well let's see if this works.