[Rhodes22-list] Depth Sounder transducer.

John Tonjes johntonjes@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:53:33 -0500

This might help to clear up some of the problems with installing a depth
sounder transducer. I recently purchased a Uniden, QT-206 depth gauge.
I'm going to mount the gauge itself on the port side of the cabin wall
facing towards the stern.
The transducer is prewired and comes with a plastic mounting flange
which allows for variances in hull designs and pitch. This flange will
be glassed in. You can mount this on any slope and still maintian the
proper angle to get accurate readings, all without cutting a hole
through the hull. This allows me to pick almost any place to mount it,
either beneath the porta potti, in the galley or in the lazzerette
without affecting performance.

Rummy