[Rhodes22-list] Flag etiquette (non-political content)

Roger Pihlaja cen09402@centurytel.net
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:34:17 -0500

Jay,

Ya fur sure you betcha you can sail with the flag flying!  My setup has the
flag halyard inboard of the upper shroud base.  Thus, the headsail and the
sheets don't interfere with it in any way while under sail.

By the way, that picture also shows how I routed the spinnaker pole topping
lift & downhaul back to the cockpit.

The cam cleat is on the aft end of the boom.  i.e. The skinny end you would
see if you looked from behind the boat.  I used 1/4" double braid dacron for
my topping lift.

Remember that Dynamic Equilibrium is rigged with the standard mainsail not
the IMF mainsail.  So, my running rigging is going to be somewhat different
than yours.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium