[Rhodes22-list] CB Pendant Tube Leak

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:35:14 -0500

Wally,

  It is unlikely that the TOP of the pendant is leaking, unless the tube is
not connected at the top.  The nipple from the seat drain fits inside the
tube, so water should run down the inside of the tube.  Check the
connection, though.

More likely, the tube is leaking at the bottom, where it fits over the
nipple on the CB cap (and is attached with a hose clamp).  Not sure that you
would see water on your step, though.  *ponder*  Another possiblity is that
the hose is worn through somewhere in the middle.

At any rate, the hose is PROBABLY the same as the hose running from your
cockpit drains to your transom through-hulls.  I would recommend bringing a
section of that hose and an appropriate pipe clamp with you to the boat.  If
I'm wrong, you're only out a couple of bucks (or you have a spare seat-drain
hose, depending on how you look at it.)

--Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Wally Buck [mailto:tnrhodey@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 1:04 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] CB Pendant Tube Leak

Rummy,

Well I do have a Dremel tool .....like I mentioned I have not investigated
yet but are you saying that it is such a PITA to get to top of tube it is
easier to drill a hole through the fiberglass? I have power dock side and if

it is just a matter of removing and replacing a bunch of screws and bending
like a pretzel; well I would rather go that route than drill in the
fiberglass (I think ....). Anyway, I am sure it will make more sense when I
take a look at it. I will bring the Dremel, sealant and some hose clamps of
various sizes.

I didn't want to say anything without giving you a respectful mourning
period, I was really surprised by the results of the game last week. It was
a great wekend for viewing though. The Sunday games were great and I enjoyed

the Ohio St. win Friday. The NFL needs to go to that type of OT.

I will let you know how this goes. One last question is the bottom of the
tube below the water line?

Thanks,

Wally