[Rhodes22-list] WAR

Paul Grandholm paul@mi.chtechnology.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:27:51 -0500

Slim & Wally,

     I agree with both of you.  As I said, I don't want us to go to war
either and any misguided ideas that a war might help the economy is not a
good reason to go to war.  Sometimes you have to do it because the
consequences of not doing it are far greater.  Timing, as I suggested,
should be left to the military experts.

     As far as the economy is concerned, everything started going bad on
9/11/01, when this country was attacked.

     I don't know if Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden are affiliated or
not, and I don't care.  As Rik said, they are both bad enough on their
own and in their own ways.  They need to be stopped sooner or later.  If
it's later, do we need another 9/11 before we act.  That's why I brought
up Hitler.  Let's learn from history.

Paul

>Slim,
>
>The threat of war sure doesn't seem to helping from my perspective either.=
>think any real economic benefit is usually realized after the war due to
>consumer confidence and rebuilding. It is still no reason to go to war
>though.
>
>Wally
>

>>Just the "jitters" of war have tumbled the stock market.  Explain to me
>>again how a war will boost our economy???  It costs zillions to send in=
 the
>>troops and zillions more to rebuild what we are about to destroy.  Is this
>>really offset by the profits that are made by the few companies that
>>produce
>>munitions, food, clothing, hardware, supplies, fuel, etc.???
>>
>>Am I missing something here?
>>
>>Slim

Paul Grandholm
C&H Technology