[Rhodes22-list] Measured Hull Speed

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Jul 23 13:20:04 EDT 2003

by extreme over kill :-)

My standard tankage is two 6.6 gallon tanks that I run dry before switching. plus a 3 gallon baby tank with it's own fuelline setup,
have "eaten" fuel lines :-)
I use .7 gal/hour(IIRC the number from the manual for max usages)

The standard tank will give a range around 130 miles and the reserve 30 miles, if I think I even getting close to these number I
have a second pair of 6.6 tanks that will double the range.
We both know these are worstcase number and the real ones are about 1/3 better. I like having the reserve to hold outside an
anchorage and it gives me "options" if a gas dock is closed or a storm is brewing. It seems the wind is always in the wrong place if
I need to get somewhere :-)

MJM

PS. for steves next line, "floating oil barge", for bill is know it is overkill, I like insurance.