[Rhodes22-list] Todd's big problem

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Wed Nov 5 09:46:18 EST 2003

Todd,
	Relax, as you have read from MJM reply there is a fix.  If you
followed Rummy's and my post recently, we had some problems.  Blisters
will occur in all fiberglass boats according to Hugo Du Plesis author of
Fiberglass Boats.  But they are fixable.
	My boat is in the process of getting what we can call a 'boat'
bottom job, as distinguished from some recent comments.  What this
entailed for my boat was sand blasting the old anti fowling paint off.
This showed three blisters and two other defects.  One must have been a
penetration.  It was at the top of the keel boat bottom junction.
	However, it was not repaired the last time it had anti fowling
paint put on because there was anti fowling into the glass.  It was
about the size of penny.  It was cleaned, epoxied, filled, epoxied,
sanded and painted.
	Using black anti fowling paint hides problems that could easily
be fixed.  Choose light colors in your new coating so any future
problems will be more apparent.
	Ed K