[Rhodes22-list] Jerry's leak

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Thu Nov 6 17:44:56 EST 2003

I'm not tring to make this hard,I'm just pretty green about boats,Com-Pac 16
last year,R-22 this year.Sea Snark -11 for the 20 years before that,not much
goes wrong with a Styrofoam hull.
The R22 is slipped all season.Water in the bilge didn't seam to increase
with increased rain.We had alot of hard rain this year,even after3-4 inches
in a week,only 1-2 cups in the bilge.I'm slipped in a fresh water lake,so
the salt test won't work.Tuesday is the first day I looked in the bilge
since haulout.drained 1.5 cups out then. Looked in there this morning before
work,looked like maybe 2 tablespoons,stuck a hotel bath towel down the
pipe,it wicked the whole towel wet by this evening.No rain today.I will
cover it for the winter,but I want to take out the centerboard first.Any
thought on the antifreeze idea?Harmful to fiberglass or ballast?