[Rhodes22-list] rhodes 22 in winter - heater?

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 05:46:31 EST 2003

Bob
Condensation occurs in all boat.  Smaller boats being
worst than bigger boats. Bill who has a Hunter 28 uses
a dehumitafier that puts off enough heat to keep the
boat fairly warm and also drys the air.  I use a
ceramic heater that has the auto-off if tip over.  I
keep it on Low.  I also use a clip on light fixture
with a 100 walt bulb.  But condensation still occur
but it will drain to the bilge.  I have a bilge pump
so I don't worry about a little water in the bilge.
Bill boat is the same way & it all drains to the bilge
which will get pump out when the bilge pump kicks on.
I'm in Little Rock, Arkansas but I keep my boat in a
slip at Heber Springs Marina on Greer Ferry Lake.
Steve