[Rhodes22-list] Keys Trip

Robert Quinn rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 8 20:25:28 EST 2003

Bill:  Pennekamp State Park is on/off Key Largo.  The earlier reference will
get you to the reefs off of Key Largo.  Some of the neatest snorkeling spots
in the US.  There are reefs all the way from Miami to Key West which tempt
you to hang on for many many days. Be sure to pick up some snorkeling/diving
guides before you launch.  The Keys are an adventure and depending on what
you want to accomplish you can spend many months enjoying what they have to
offer.

There are several good cruising guides of the area.  Frank Pappy's is a good
one to have with you along with charts.  There are areas where you need to
be very careful even with the minimum water that the Rhodes draw.

Kathy and I will be sailing the Keys but probably not until April.  Darn,
we'd love to be with the group. Go for it and enjoy!

Bob and Kathy on the "NoKaOi"