[Rhodes22-list] Fw: Virtual Keys Float Plan

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Nov 9 08:15:25 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert J Quinn
To: rhodes-list at sailnet.com
Sent: Monday, November 23, 1998 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: Virtual Keys Float Plan

Your following message has been delivered to the 125 members of
  the list rhodes-list at sailnet.com at 19:51:28 on 23 Nov 1998.

Good question.  Frank Papy's Cruising Guide to the Florida Keys is a good
place to begin researching.  We have spent time in the Key Largo area both
under sail and motor (stink boat).  Lots of neat snorkling and sailing area.
John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park and Key Largo Coar Reef Marine
Sanctuary are close at hand.

One of the sailing magazines had an item on the area around Key West - all
the way down. And I've hear lots of good things about the Marathon area.

The Keys are a popular spot during "the season" and January, Feburary,
March, and to about April 15th the prices are very high.  Plan to live
aboard to save the cash for necessities.

I do like Frank's book so I'll go through it again.  Hopefully there are
some others with good ideas.  I am also told that the run from Coconut Grove
to Card Sound is a lot of fun.  Lots of spoil islands and gunk holes to
explore.

I'm almost embarrassed that we are so close and have not made the most of
some of these "opportunites."  Oh well one of these days.