[Rhodes22-list] cameras on boats

Lou at HOME lsr3 at nyu.edu
Sun Nov 9 16:04:19 EST 2003

Slim

  I shoot educational videos for NYU & special event work  is my bread
and butter lately.
  I own the smallest full size rig which can handle almost all
broadcast video cameras like my SONY and 16mm cameras..  Yes we do
use gyros now as they are lighter and less power consuming but  the
Steadicam was designed to function using the simple laws of physics .
Springs, super low friction gimbals and high intensity monitors so we
can view a screen in full daylight.
one of my future goals is to shoot an educational and doc on my
future sailboat... but I wont need my steadicam for those shots.
Lou