[Rhodes22-list] David Keys -(Replacing) repairing IMF Mainsail

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Nov 10 15:46:25 EST 2003

David,  Your mast raising system might not be the same as Joe Ware's.  Some
are like his and others, like mine, raise in the opposite direction.  My
hoisting crane is mounted on the bow and I lower the mast down towards the
stern, unhook from the tabernacle and walk the whole thing, mast, jib and
all, forward where it rests on the bow pulpit.  It's a pretty simple
procedure.  VERY IMPORTANT:  Remember to unhook the pop top slider from the
mast before you lower it.  If you have any questions about the whole
procedure, don't hesitate to ask.  I remember a photo of someone (I think it
was Will) who was in the middle of the task. The picture showed the whole
rig nicely.  Anyone have that shot to post for David?

Slim