[Rhodes22-list] CT Selling the boat

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Tue Nov 11 08:04:48 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: CT [mailto:ctscuba at aquaticworlds.com]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 10:39 PM
To: westfl-list at sailnet.net
Subject: Re: [WestFL] Re: Selling the boat

Greetings Gary (et al),

Point well taken and I realize I'm new to the list and never really
introduced myself.  I'm Charles and my wife is Catherine.  When we can,
we
sail out of Shell Point Marina, Ruskin, FL on S/V Calliste - a Rhode's
22.
We're just now getting into the market for our "sail away" boat.  I'm
more
experienced than she in the sailing world but Catherine keeps me squared
away.  Our travels to many parts of the world have been adventurous and
most
enjoyable but little of it has been by boat.  We want to go back to
favorite
haunts as well as new locals on our own time and in our own way.

We're looking for a "proven" boat (the local euphemism for "previously
owned
 or "used" as I undersand it) that keep us within our budget but fits
the
bill for blue-water work.  Meanwhile, we're looking for the motivations
behind what results in a sale.  What was the key factor that most
effecting
putting dollars on the table.  We know what we want - we think - but
there's
always an opportunity to learn.

But that's not why we joined the list.  We're looking as well to join
the
local sailing community and meet new people, learn the local haunts, and
become part of the community.

Otherwise, call me CT :-)

Cheers,

CT