[Rhodes22-list] We Gotta Regatta

DLeT3 at aol.com DLeT3 at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 22:14:30 EST 2003

     I know it's a bit early to be talking about a Regatta scheduled in
September of 2004, but I wanted to see if anyone might be interested.  My wife and
I keep our Rhodes 22 (Caye Dreams) on Lake Stockton in Stockton, Missouri.  In
September of 2004, the Lake Stockton Yacht Club will host the 30th Annual
Governors Cup, and the club wants to make it a really big event and attract as
many "off-lake" sailors as possible.  Since we have the only Rhodes 22 on the
lake that ever races, (there's one derelict Rhodes 22 that is always tied up at
the dock but no one has ever seen it out on the lake), we thought it would be
great if we could attract at least four other hearty "trailer sailor" Rhodies
out to Missouri and have our own Rhodes Fleet in the races.

     For those who never heard of Stockton Lake, it's a GREAT sailing lake --
scenic, windy (usually) and not overrun by motorboats.  I was told that Sail
Magazine rated it as one of the top 10 sailing lakes in the country several
years ago.  There are two sailboat marinas, and you can see more about the lake
and the yacht club at the following websites:

http://www.stocktonyachtclub.com/

http://www.lakestockton.com/

http://www.orleanstrail.com/

     The regatta is scheduled for September 16, 17 and 18 (Thursday -
Saturday), 2004.  I don't know if this conflicts with the annual Kentucky Lake event
or not, but if anyone is interested in maybe having a fleet of Rhodes 22s in
Missouri, just drop me a line and we'll start making some plans.

     I'd love to put some faces to the names I always see on this list-serv.

See You In Missouri?

Dana LeTendre
"Caye Dreams"
Joplin, MO