[ham] [Rhodes22-list] Dummy with computer needs help--badly

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Thu Nov 27 01:20:58 EST 2003

Michael,

   Yeah,  this computer has probably exceeded its useful life.  It is 3+ years old.  I have Norton systems works 2001, McAfee firewall, virus scan professional, and a group of other McAfee products, ie instant updater, guardian, clean sweep,shreader, safe & sound, and visual trace.

   The problem is that I have not enough time or knowledge to configure them efficiently.  The firewall for instance, if I use it to block much at all, I cannot get pages like msn.com to load even.  If I set it to filter, I get 20 windows a second asking do you want to allow this program access, and I cant even read my e-mails.

  I will probably take the dumb guy approach with the next computer and save all of my personal files to cd.  So when it gets too bad, I can reformat the hard drive and go from there.