[Rhodes22-list] Winter Semester, 2004 @ SVSU - The NerdyAdventure Contin...

Ronald Lipton lipton at sprynet.com
Sun Nov 30 08:34:18 EST 2003

I just saw an article on this.  A Cornell prof. who analysed ethanol
production
initially claimed that 70% more energy is used to produce ethanol than it
contains.  After some back and forth with industry consultants he revised
the
number to 29%.  It's a high stakes political game, as the recent energy bill
showed.
A bill with many provisions distasteful to the Democrats was supported by
the Democratic representatives from the farm states.

Ron